30 October 2012

Reflective Self Discoveries


Do you need peace and quiet whenever you wish to make some useful self discoveries?  Does self reflection often require a few moments to compare your life with that of other people?  If you compared yourself with me, what would you see?

As a social scientist by training, with a media background, I'm living in Australia now but worked in London for a while in the 1980s.

I currently live in a place I refer to as suburban lawnlandia, in a mostly dry and dusty town I prefer to describe as Dorothea in the Wilderness. Unlike my neighbours, my garden has no lawn. My way of life is not particularly suburban as I like to live in a rural way in an urban environment.

I grew up in small, rural communities but have spent much of my adulthood living in cities - and escaping from cities into more natural places.

I'm now a social entrepreneur whose activities have so far included being a book publisher (only of non-fiction - sorry budding novelists), writer, educator, policy analyst, consultant, philanthropist, and initiator of all sorts of exploratory projects.


You may know that I try to live peacefully, travel thoughtfully, understand deeply, and share creatively... sometimes all at the same time.




2 comments:

  1. You are a non-conformist .Keep it up.You search yourself, keep it up.I follow your blogs occasionally.I found Hindu religious book Gita ,a systematic exposure to what we are ,our goal in life.I tried to put its summary in my blog www.understandingbhagvadgita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cs Arora

    Your words on Quieter Living are very much appreciated. For a few years now, I have had some familiarity with the wisdom within the Bhagavad Gita. I even attempted to write my own (private) version of it in basic English a few years ago so your comments here encouraged me to dust it off to take another look.

    Very best wishes from Via

    ReplyDelete