04 June 2010

A Respectful Exploration of Identity

You may know that the title of this blog post is the subtitle of one of my other three blogs, namely the one called By Any Other Name. You can find that blog at this address:

http://reflectingonidentity.blogspot.com

By Any Other Name is a place where you might discover a few important things about yourself you may never have known before. I know that I have discovered quite a lot about myself while developing it.


Here are a few links to individual blog posts there:

Are you a patient patient?

Family honour and freedom

Unfortunate connotations

Brand names

I will not be writing anything more in By Any Other Name for a while but you are still welcome to make comments anywhere there, and here, and on my two other blogs. My explorations of identity are continuing, however, and I am especially interested in the topic of personality.

Have ever you taken an MBTI test?

Through my own reading about personality research, I have discovered that extroverts do not usually understand the needs of introverts even though introverts usually understand the needs of extroverts. What might the implications of this be in terms of politics, interpersonal relations and world peace?

Perhaps you have arrived here at Quieter Living to gain a deeper understanding of your own experiences in the world - inwardly and/or outwardly. I hope you will find these experiences useful, and even enjoyable - whether you are mainly an extrovert or mainly an introvert.

1 comment:

  1. extroverts do not usually understand the needs of introverts even though introverts usually understand the needs of extroverts... so very true:)

    ReplyDelete